cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IAD 2430 - factory reset

Tim Harder
Level 1
Level 1

I've inherited a IAD2430 router but I don't have the ena passwords nor am I able to do a break and do a password recovery. I'm familiar with the password recovery process and config reg settings but this one has me stumped.

The config register is set to 0x2102 so I see nothing at all when it boots until it's completed and I get the prompt to "Press RETURN to get started!" I get to non priv mode but without the password obviously I'm going nowhere at that point. All the docs I've come across  so far assume you can break out of the boot process or are already in rommon. When I remove the flash: I get no output at all... The IAD has no "reset" button like the CAT switches either..

I don't need the current config, just a reset/format of the NVRAM.

2 Replies 2

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

When the router boots up, send a break sequence so that you can get into ROMMON.

From there, change the config register to 0x2142 so that next time it boots, it doesn't ask for a password.

confreg 0x2142
reset

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

Once you get into the router, you could just "write erase" and reload to go to factory settings.

I don't know if there is a button or easier way to do it.

Regards,

Amit

As I stated I wasn't able to do a break so there was no way to get to rommon.

I'm ashamed to admit the problem was that the console cable  got plugged into the AUX port. When it was put back on the console port, the break worked, I got into ROMMON and took care of the rest...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card