Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface ATM0/3 regained cell

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello all,

I have a 3725 router running IOS version 12.4(15)T9 with 2 VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards connecting to 4 Point-to-Point T1 circuits and configured as a 6MB bundle. I've noticing some packet drops under the ATM/IMA interface and I suspect that the packet drops could be related to the errors that I am seeing in the router logs. I am seeing these errors.

Nov 9 08:34:16.871: %ATM_AIM-5-CELL_ALARM_DOWN: Interface ATM0/3 regained cell

delineation.

Any ideas what could be causing these errors ? and how to go about fixing it ?

thanks in advance !!!

Danny

19 Replies 19

Some platforms do not have these commands at all. On the ones that have, you should always use them.

Could you please explain the benefits of using Network-clock ??

Thank you very much !!!

Danny

To avoid controller slips and interface errors, of the kind you've noticed.

Hello Paolo,

I was able to change the clock source to Line and point the Network-clock to the T1 controller, but right after I applied the change I started to see a lot of SLIP secs under the T1 controllers so I reversed the changes back and the SLIP secs go away. All seems to work normal now. The one thing that bothers me is that out of the 4 T1 circuits in the bundle, I am seeing some Line code and Path code violations on two of the 4 circuits. Could this be something on the service provider side ? or you still think is something with the clocking ? The other two circuits are clean.

10 Line Code Violations, 7 Path Code Violations.

Thanks Paolo !!! I really appreciate your help !!!

Danny

That indicate the circuits are actually not providing clock.

This case is not so simple because as you noticed, only some of the circuits exhibit problems.

You can try something else anyway, set clock source internal on the other router, and put back the configuration that has not worked well on the ISR router, check again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card