cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Speed Testing

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

Is there a replacement for TTCP on the cisco 4000 series routers? I used to be able to complete some throughput tests using ttcp and I am no longer able to do that.  Does anybody have a different solution for testing between two routers or networks through the internet.  We did not want to use a speedtest website.

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You should be able to find stand-alone TTCP and/or other bandwidth test packages. However, those will likely require some other host rather than the router itself.

Yes, I can do the iPerf or jPerf from a computer. I was just looking to see if there is a hidden command like ttcp.

TTCP is the only hidden command, for bandwidth testing, that I'm aware of. Even then, it's not found in all IOS images.

Hello

You can probe the end-to end connection via ip sla, this would give you a good indication of the RTT of a certain protocol if applicable.

R2

conf t
ip sla responder

R1 -  
ip sla 10

tcp-connect 2.2.2.2 23
timeout 500
frequency 2

or
udp-echo 2.2.2.2  67
frequency 5

or

icmp-echo 2.2.2.2 source-ip 1.1.1.1
timeout 1000
frequency 5

ip sla schedule 10 life forever start-time now

sh ip sla statistics | be RTT

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card