cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 15 download for newly purchased 2901

Wayne_G
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased a 2901 router with permenant licenses for ipbase, security and uc. The router came shipped with c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M3.bin but there are newer releases available. I understand that our licenses will cover us to upgrade to the latest version, c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M.bin, but when I attempt to download I am denied.

How do I go about downloading and upgrading?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to buy a support contract to download Cisco software.

Otherwise try calling the TAC and try convincing them that you are "covered".

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

There is a limited time that you are allowed to recieve an upgrade for the router without having to pay for a smartnet, here in sweden that is normally 90 days. This is so that the customer does not get a router that have been shelved for a while and has an old ios.

To get the software you are to contact the reseller that sold you the router so that they can give you the software.

you will not be able to download the software yourself.

The other way you can do this is to buy a smartnet or something similar from your reseller.

Depending on the size and direction of your reseller they might have a similar contract as smartnet to make the router entitled to hardware and software raplcements/updates.

good luck

HTH

Most resellers (box movers) do not care about updating IOS for customers, moreover, as of today, they cannot download software unless thye have a support contract for the specific model.

The only way is to buy a support contract, or cry to the TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: