Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS for 2811

Danny Morris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several Cisco 2811 routers at my branch locations. Most of them are running 12.4(24)T5 and I am looking to upgrade the IOS as part of a refresh/standardization project. I would like to move to the most recent STABLE IOS available. I do not have anything overwhelming running on these routers. BGP for the WAN, EIGRP for the LAN, Cisco Call Manager Gateways and thats about it. I have upgraded a few test locations last month to 15.1(4)M6 and they have been fine, however, I also upgraded a few test switches to 15.0(2)SE2 and I have had nothing but problems. (I should have hit the discussion board with that upgrade as well, but I guess you live and learn...).

I have not been able to find any bugs or complaints about 15.1(4)M6 for the routers but I would appreciate any feedback or personal experience with 15 code on routers. Any thing I should be watching out for? Any buggy code to stay away from? I know there is an increase in memory requirements, but is there anything else?

Thanks,

Danny

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

For ISRs, ditto on 12.4(24)T# or 15.1(4)M# release chains.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card