cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS NAT vs IOS-XE NAT on the NAT Order of Operation.

mhiyoshi
Level 3
Level 3

Dear all,

I have been seeing the following information about NAT Order of Operation on IOS Software.

Howerver this doccument is not restricted to specific software and hardware versions so 

actually IOS-XE software such as ASR1K and ISR4K are included in this specification right? 

[NAT Order of Operation]

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/6209-5.html

I expect there are any different tips on it. thanks!

Best Regards,

Masanobu Hiyoshi

5 Replies 5

Hi @mhiyoshi,

I would expect the order of operations to be the same on both.

Cheers.

Hola Serrano Gutierrez,

Encantado de conocerle, me llámo Masanobu Hiyoshi soy de japon pero hablo español un poco.

Gracias por su amabilidad, pues me gustaría saber si hay una URL relacionada.

Saludos,

Masanobu Hiyoshi

Hello

What nat are you using or referring to? - Classic domain based nat or domain-less based (nvi) nat?

The former uses the order of operation you may be familiar with, however NVI nat is different in its route lookups, where it performs two of them pre/post translation

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your advice, well basically I have been using classical domain NAT such as

Static/Dynamic NAT, PAT and so on.

However it might be helpful if there is evidence which IOS-XE NAT is equivalant to IOS-NAT provided by the previous URL.

Especially I am really taking care of the order of NAT process. ACL fast or Routing fast before NAT process etc depend on the direction and if there is difference between them, I have to tackle with such info.

Best Regards,

Masanobu Hiyoshi

Hello

Well if your are referring to domain-based nat any changes to the nat order be it for ios /xe etc.. I would expect to be well documented by now if there were differences.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: