cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS upgrade on C3560

AA75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone any suggestion to upgrade the latest IOS on WS-C3560-48PS-S current IOS does not support SSH called the CISCO for support they said they stop supporting this model currently this IOS is running c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Latest and stable you can go to c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE12.bin

Note: read the release notes support before you upgrade, make sure you have all the backups and roll back plan all the time.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
12.2(55)SE is THE (unofficial) recommended version.

so what are your recommendations if this ver 12.2(55)SE is unofficial

I don't work for Cisco.  This means if Cisco puts a "gold star" on a particular IOS version, I don't necessarily agree/recommend that version (with the "gold star").  Instead, I go with something that I've known (and tried) to be stable and this is why I recommend 12.2(55)SE because it's THE most stable IOS version for 2960/G/S, 3560/G/E/X & 3750/G/E/X.

casanavep
Level 3
Level 3

Notice the last previous responses of other recommendations include the key designation of "k9" in the image name.  The IOS you are on, 12.2(35)SE5 included SSH support in the IOS family, but not having that "k9" designation in the image name shows that the export restricted IOS was installed.  This is common for hardware sold to countries that we have export restrictions against, so cannot ship AES and SSL cryptography to, i.e. China. 12.2(55)SE12 was the last release for the C3560 family of switches.  Expect multiple reboots after upgrading and MAKE SURE NOT TO interrupt power during these reboots.  The new code will flash upgrade the EPROM and several ASICs.  I would imagine that you will be very far from current firmware on many things, so expect a long reboot cycle on that first boot to the new code.  Best wishes on the successful patching.

Cheers,

-Pete

Same for me, 12.2(55)SE12 is my recommendation based on it being the most stable and secure OS for that switch.  That doesn't mean that upgrading does not come with risks.  You should backup your current OS, configurations, and do other best practice prep work and notifications of proper parties, if this is a production device.  I have and am using that code.  It is as good as it gets and will ever get for that switch, now that it has entered the end of software development life cycle, end of life.   Best wishes on this endeavor.

Cheers,

Pete

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card