cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XE and Windows OpenSSH v8

adam.hardy
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to SCP files from a core server to multiple devices and SolarWinds SCP fails with IOS-XE files larger than around 450 MB. In a lab I'm trying to use instead OpenSSH on a windows 10 laptop but my test routers fail to connect. I am able to SSH to the OpenSSH test laptop with Putty but cannot SSH from the ISR4331 (running 16.9.2) or SCP to the laptop. Both tries give me this error:

SSH2 Client 0: Channel open failed, reason = 1752134516

I've read elsewhere permissions may be an issue but I've added the user account to the admin group

I've also tried several different folder paths for the SCP: line without success. Has anyone else had success with an OpenSSH server and Cisco SCP?

3 Replies 3

bruce.j.mascoe
Level 1
Level 1

I only get this error if I attempt to scp from the cisco device to my windows box with openSSH8.  If I attempt to scp from my windows box it works fine.

Hello,

which XE version are you using ? What does the SSH configuration of the Cisco device look like ?

Hello

What are the results if you disable the software fw on the win 10 boxes?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card