cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone and PC

Jon G
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to set up 25 phones and use them to supply internet to their PC I have 5 of them that will either give the PC internet access or allows the cisco phone to fully register. The other 20 work simultaneously with their PC just fine but these 5 will only allow either the phone or the PC to be fully operational but not both.

I am very limited in my knowledge about this subject and I am not in IT but any help is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what switch model, what IOS code.

can you post show run from switch ( or compare yourself, working vs not working switch port config)

show run interface gig x/x (x/x changing to your interface).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @Jon G ,

just to keep it simple if you swap a working phone with a non working phone the PC what happens ?

This is to understand if you have issues with the configuration of 5 switch ports or you have issues with the 5 troubled phones.

if moving the phone to  another cable/switch port the problem disappear the issue is in the switch ports configuration if the problem follows the Phone that had troubles before the issue may be on the phone.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

@Giuseppe Larosa that is a great lesson in basic troubleshooting. swap things one at a time (!!!!!) and see if the problem follow a particular component.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card