Helpful
Replies

IPS ( MPLS & BGP)

burhaans28
Level 1
Level 1

topo.jpg

Hi guys, 

I am doing this topology on the left hand side i have my main Head Quarters(HQ) and on the right hand side i have my branch office, the main HQ is connected with the ISP1 and ISP2 and MPLS Core 

So what i am thinking of doing is I want to combine ISP1 and MPLS core as one so that this infrastructure  will provide me both MPLS connectivity with branch and isp service also

my question is that ISP 1 is running I-BGP inside and For MPLS we don't use BGP inside we use IGP protocols and how will i configure this as one so its run like real life scenario  of ISP

and also does IPS runs BGP with MPLS in one AS or they run MPLS service in different AS and BGP in different AS or THEY purely runs BGP in one AS to transfer the traffic 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

if you want to build one ISP with no MPLS Core to provide both 
internet via advertise default route to CE 
Site-Site via advertise route for Site1 to Site2 
the only solution here is run OSPF inside the ISP Core and you need GRE tunnel between PE's

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

can you more elaborate ??

I want to make ISP 1 and MPLS CORE Aera as one so will i configure like which protocol i have to use inside

So this cloud will provide the HQ with internet connectivity and also MPLS service also so how to do it 

if you want to build one ISP with no MPLS Core to provide both 
internet via advertise default route to CE 
Site-Site via advertise route for Site1 to Site2 
the only solution here is run OSPF inside the ISP Core and you need GRE tunnel between PE's

okay and if i want ISP with MPLS Core then its just like normal config that we do for MPLS with the HELP of VRF 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card