cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR809 bring up cellular interface automatically

lisa.eggermont1
Level 1
Level 1

On our IR809 router we have the following software installed: ir800-universalk9-mz.SPA.155-3.M. We've set up a GRE-tunnel towards our firewall. The whole setup works flawless IF a ping is send out from the IR809 router towards the firewall, this ping brings up the cellular interface. Without this ping no communication is possible. In other setups we used 'IP sla', but the software installed on this router doesn't support this feature, the command isn't recognised. Is there another way to bring up the cellular interface automatically after a reboot? The PLC's that will be connected to this router aren't able to send such an initial ping.

I hope someone can help with this problem :)

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Svante Bolander
Level 1
Level 1

I also have an IR809 for testing. It is currently running 15.6(1)T0a and that image has ip sla sender. Also 15.5(3)M1 has ip sla sender present.

Another way to generate interesting traffic is to use NTP. Or sending SYSLOG.

I have no problem activating the dialer but have problems to get the IP address negotiated on the Cell 0 interface. The mobile network sets an IP address(seen by show cell 0 all) but despite that it is not transferred to the cell 0 interface at bootup. A shut - no shut of cell 0 cures the problem.

Don´t  know if this is a bug. Seems that the Modem-DDR part is unstable.

dsheehan_ak
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Dialer Profiles(DDR-Dial on Demand Routing)  to set up a connection that never drops on 809 routers. The key word is "Dialer Persistent" in a Dialer1 interface. Even though it is "Dial on Demand" it is a connection that never drops.

for the cellular interface, set up 

no ip address

ip virtual-reassembly in

dialer pool-member 1

dialer in-band

for the Dialer interface

ip address negotiated

ip virtual-reassembly in

dialer pool 1

dialer string (stringname)

dialer persistent 

Dialer 1 is what I have been using. 

I frequently get an error message to "remove legacy ddr configuration" and the fix for that is to go into config mode, in the cell 0 interface, "no dial in-band" , wait a minute, "dial in-band" and "dial pool-member 1"

also in the config, is a default route (zero route) to the dialer1 interface, and a dialer-list1 protocol ip permit

Hope it helps

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card