cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to adjust failure rate on ip sla event logging

ryan14
Level 1
Level 1

We monitor our event logging for ip sla events. I was wondering though if it is possible to adjust for number of failures? One failure for every 2 hours isn't unacceptable, but it generates an event. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust this so after 2 or 3 consecutive failures then to trigger an ip sla event instead?

IPSLA operation id: 1
Latest RTT: 13 milliseconds
Latest operation start time: 10:26:08 EDT Thu May 6 2021
Latest operation return code: OK
Number of successes: 194
Number of failures: 1 <<< this generated an alert, want to make it at least 2 to generate an event
Operation time to live: Forever

3 Replies 3

Hello,

I don't think that is possible. The failure is directly linked to the frequency, the only way to adjust the failure rate displayed in the statistics is to increase the frequency.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how about delay increase action - not sure how is your IP sla

For example, if you ping far end IP with the frequency 10 seconds - it fails 1, not take any action wait for a delay of 30, if the same results take action?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I bumped the frequency to 10 and it seems better (knock on wood). Not sure what value you mean by 'delay of 30'?

To clarify if I am using icmp echo sla, and have these settings. My Cisco device will send an icmp echo every 10 sec? If the return time is 111ms, will it still fail/trigger or not until RTT value is greater than timeout?

threshold 110
timeout 120
frequency 10

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card