Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Configuration

mail2rravikumar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I would appreciate if any one could help me in configuring ISDN. We are trying to configure ISDN for one our clients. They have PRI at both the ends and they also have frame relay link between two routers. The idea is they have many subinterfaces on their main frame relay link. They need to configure dialers, so that each subinterface have one dialer as back up.

Also few subinterfaces has 128 kb as bandwidth so we need to configure dialer to fire two B channels and so on.

We have configured several dialer, but we are able to fire only one dialer at a time and we are able to bundle as many b channels required for the dialer, but when we fire the second dialer it does not bind up and throws errors.

Please let us know if any one has come across this issue.

Awaiting your reply...

Thanks & Regards,

Ravikumar

3 Replies 3

pushkar1782
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure about it ....but you can check your time-slot range and map same dialer interfcae on both .....and ppp multilinking might help ( not sure )

see this link ....

can u post ur configuration ....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080087328.html#13468

Dear Pushkar,

I am extermely sorry for the delayed response as I was busy on calls. I checked the link but I am afraid if the link helps.

Let me explain the issue again:

Say for . eg: ihave pri at both A and B end. I have four dialers configured on both the PRI 's.

Can PRI ' A ' fire four dialer's at a time to PRI 'B' ?

Awaiting your reply...

Regards,

Ravikumar

please post your configuration for router A . i would definitly try to help ... then

bye for now

pushkar

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card