Helpful
Replies

ISDN Incompatible destination 0x80D804

izhitiyanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have the following issue.

I'm using VIC-2BRI-NT/TE connected to some old NT device.

The outbound calls are working just fine, but inbound calls fails with the following error code 0x80D804.

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x89

Calling Party Number i = 0x1183, '359899980553'

Plan:ISDN, Type:International

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '6490'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Oct 17 17:52:56: ISDN BR2/0 Q921: User TX -> INFO sapi=0 tei=68, ns=0 nr=0

Oct 17 17:52:56: ISDN BR2/0 Q931: RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0xC1

Cause i = 0x80D804 - Incompatible destination

Can someone give me the exact description of 0x80D804.

I know that this is a bearer cap problem, speed or transfer cappability, but i think i have tried everything and nothing.

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

80 at the beginning of your cause code usually means there is a problem with the router. Can you post the config of your router ? Not knowing what exactly you have configured, you might want to try and add 'speed 56' to the end of your dialer map statement...

Regards,

GNT

zolatelecom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi GNT/Anyone:

I am also having a similar issue.

I am using HWIC-4B-S/T connected to Mistel NT device that seems to work well when tested with isdn phone.

inbound voice calls to the router (2810isr [c2801.ipvoicek9-mz-151-2.T1.bin]) are failing with the following error:

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x89

Exclusive, B1

Progress Ind i = 0x8281 - Call not end-to-end ISDN, may have in-band info

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '20319146'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Sending Complete

*Nov  6 03:51:28.572: IS

Nov  6 03:51:28.576: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: voice_answer_data = FALSE call type is VOICE ALAW

*Nov  6 03:51:28.576: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: Received a VOICE call from on B1 at 64 Kb/s

*Nov  6 03:51:28.576: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: Accepting call call id 0x32

*Nov  6 03:51:28.580: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: Sending event  to

Nov  6 03:51:28.576: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: voice_answer_data = FALSE call type is VOICE ALAW

*Nov  6 03:51:28.576: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: Received a VOICE call from on B1 at 64 Kb/s

*Nov  6 03:51:28.576: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: Accepting call call id 0x32

*Nov  6 03:51:28.580: ISDN BR0/3/0 EVENTd: host_incoming_call: Sending event  to

Call setup is okay but error is coming during the call acceptance process.

We are able to pass data through fine

Any ideas? we tried everything

Thanks!

HWIC-4B-S/T does not NOT support voice calls, and there is nothing that can be done so that it can.

You must use VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE and PVDM2-xx to support voice calls on BRI.

zolatelecom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there and thanks!

I was afraid that might be the case. I will try and change cards and see what happens.

I just googled and went through the Cisco website and the nearest I can find to the interface you've suggested are VIC-2BRI-S/T-TE, VIC-2BRI-NT/TE and VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE. I can't find VIC2-2BRI-S7T, might you have a direct link to somewhere I can find it?

I have  PVDM2-32 on that slot, will that work or do i need to up it up?

Thanks again.

The P/N is VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

zolatelecom
Level 1
Level 1

ok!

i will try that with PVDM2-32 and let you know. thanks again.

Hi all-

Has anyone out there deployed a ISDN BRI to IP voice network using Cisco 2801?

We have VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE card on a 2801 isr. The first challenge is that the Telco is providing a 2-wire endpoint for each pair of ISDN BRI. When we try to connect the line directly to the card using a RJ11 to RJ45 cable, nothing seems to reaches the interface/router. However when we connect ISDN to external [Mistel] Network Terminal and use the [external] NT's RJ45 output to connect to the interface card we see the call but audio is very scratchy and called party does not get audio - (perhaps because call is going through 2 NTs, assuming this card has inbuilt NT)

Is the VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE our best option? Do we have other options especially as I already have external NTs?

The available ISDN parameters are:

B channel 64 kbps
2b + d (b = voice; d=data)
ISDN type = euro
Uses layer2 protocol

Would greatly appreciated any suggestions or anyone knows of another interface that does not have inbuilt NT as we already have external NT purchased

Thanks in advance!!!

Of course you must use an external NT, as the documentation indicate when you take the time to read it. It is actually inferable form the part name also.

Assuming you have not damaged hardware, poor audio is due to misconfiguration of companding-type under voice-port. Again, something that. documentation or a search would have revealed to you.

hi-

am not sure what documentaion are you refering to, might you have a link or a way i can access the info?

Search "companding type" and you will find.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card