Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with IOS for CME 9.5 and 2951 router

c.holloway
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everyone!

I'm having an issue with a 2951 ISR upon which I'm trying to load the IOS for CME 9.5.  I had no issues loading the IOS on to the device but it consistantly fails on boot.  Here is what I see on the console during the boot process

System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)M6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 2010 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Total memory size = 512 MB - DIMM0 = 512 MB, DIMM1 = 0 MB

CISCO2951/K9 platform with 524288 Kbytes of main memory

Main memory is configured to 72/0(dimm 0/1) bit mode with ECC enabled

Readonly ROMMON initialized

program load complete, entry point: 0x4000000, size: 0x18fa0

IOS Image Load Test

Digitally Signed Release Software

program load complete, entry point: 0x4000000, size: 0x5a5eb44

Self decompressing the image : ##############################################################################################

#############################################################################################################################

#############################################################################################################################

####################################################################################################### [OK]

*** Alignment Error Exception ***

PC = 0x0, Vector = 0x600, SP = 0x1ffffde0

monitor: command "boot" aborted due to exception

In looking at this, it seems as though the IOS image checks out. I erased and readded a couple of times to make sure the image wasn't corrupt, this image was pulled off of another 2951 router that is currently running it without issues.

I have also double checked the hardware in the device and there are not currently any add-in cards that could account for this error.

Any thought?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Faulty router, contact TAC for replacement.

Other IOS versions work just fine though. I can run both:

c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-3.T3.bin (CME 9.0)

c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin (CME 8.6)

What leads you to believe the hardware itself is faulty?

That is really for the TAC to clarify.

OH OK just your best guess then.  I thought I was missing something obvious and was curious what it was

You can try updating rommon. But that's pretty much all you can do about something that has no evident explanation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card