Helpful
Replies

IWAN - Dual Hub sites

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

In the IWAN design, using APIC-EM,

Is it possible to have 2 data centres on different sites acting as a dual hub?

I originally was going to have a primary and secondary hub router on my main site, 1 would be mpls the other internet.

If I then decide to have a secondary main datacentre, how would this be done ?

cheers

5 Replies 5

ERIK S
Level 1
Level 1

Carl just wondering if you ever got the answer that you were looking for. I am in a similar situation that you were in. I am hoping that the APIC EM lets me implement a single cloud dual hub DMVPN topology.  

Hi

yes i managed to do it, basically you create what is called a transit hub, on the hub site main settings you click the top left menu and it should ask you to create another hub site.

my transit site is on a different subnet.

hope this helps

Carl

Carl,

I appreciate the quick response. I was hoping that it was something that the APIC was able to handle.

I am assuming that in the configuration the spokes had NHRP entries for both of the hub sites?

Also when you say that your second hub aka the "transit site" was on a different subnet. Are you referring as treating it as it own entity and not sharing the IP space of the primary site. For example if the primary site had been allocated the 10.0.0.0/16 subnet then the secondary site would have 10.1.0.0/16 subnet.

Hi
It depends on how the hub sites are set up, I have an mpls and internet at each branch.
Apic has created 2 dmvpn clouds, so mpls in branch goes to each hub mpls router and then the same for the internet router.
Hope this helps
Carl

Yes that helps out.

What i will be doing is creating a single cloud with 2 DCs and several spoke/branch sites. All sites being able to reach each other over VPLS. So that is why i asked about APIC being able to create a single cloud dual hub configuration.

I appreciate the timely responses Carl!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card