Views
Helpful
Replies

L2tpv3 don't forward traffic

Maurizio Roggia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I'm currently stuck on wondering why l2tpv3 is up but traffic don't forward and my target to extend Vlan from 1 router to another doesn't work

In attaching the configuration but basically, I have two industrial IR1101 with LTE module.

Through this LTE is running a normal tunnel Gre.

Then I tried to configure xconnect, firstly, I tried to configure directly on the VLAN, but router don't permit xconnect on the VLAN. So I used a g0/0/0 to create a sub interface dot1q with the same vlan and at this interface Xconnect works.

I used source and destination of the tunnel create through a LTE connection.

So the Xconnect show the segment UP and to extend the VLAN, I connect the G0/0/0 to the first port of the 4 port switch of the same router. From both side I saw the VLAN going up, if I connect 1 pc on 1 port switch of the router and the same in the other end, there no any traffic at all.

Someone could help me?

Many thanks

17 Replies 17

Hi MHM, 

I just found the tricks.

no compatibility between the SVI Interface with sub interface on the same router. I just use the physical port, and put in access the port of the SVI interface, and everything is working correctly.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Maurizio

i think this is supported now in ios-xe 17.2.1r

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/ios/config/17-x/lan-wan/b-lan-wan/m_wan-l2-tun-pro-v3-xe.html

Which version did you try it on?

If I am right, I send to you before that EtherSW VLAN can not work with Xconnect.
and I mention also add SW to router and try 
anyway 
I am so so glad that this issue solve.
good job friend 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card