Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan to Lan Communication using same subnet between 2 locations

pawanharlecisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have certain queries. As mentioned in topology I have two locations (Location A & Location B). I have data MPLS lease-line to connect this two location. Thing is that i want to configure Same subnet IP address on LAN of both locations.As my machine dont have a facility to configure default-gateway ,so i need to specify same subnet IP on both sides.Please suggest me and help me to do so.

I want to communicate Location-B  IP 172.16.15.1 to Location-A IP 172.16.15.5.

Dual Nat is not possible as MY machine dont have a facilty to assign default-gateway.

Please find the attached topology

6 Replies 6

shamax_1983
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Pawan

I think pseudowire is your friend. It will extend your LAN to the other side.

Find more information here : http://blog.ine.com/tag/pseudowire/

Please rate this post if helpful

Thanks

Shamal

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should never do that.

Two locations, two subnets. And everything will work easy and surely.

chuckwilson
Level 1
Level 1

Depends upon the equipment you have available...

If you just have a couple of routers then you can configure them (and wan link) as a bridge.

if you have switches on each side then you could set the wan link as a trunk.

Neither of these is a recommended configuration for wans but both will work, especially for a small network.

canero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pawan,
You may consider OTV as well if you have ASR or Nexus switches as well

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HI,

You can have L2 VPN lease-line link to connect these two location form your ISP.  and Terminate that Link Dircelty into Your switches, in this u can have same subnets between two locations.

*** Do Rate Helpful Posts***

Jawad

Aries Fernandes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pawan,

I too believe, OTV is your friend and works as a wonderful solution. If there is reachability between the routers at locations A and B [external interfaces], that is more than enough you need not worrry about anything. We can make this work, all you need are asr1k or nexus [don't know the flavor] routers. Even CSR1000V [virtual-router] can be used for this purpose.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card