cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Last Update 2d0h2m39s ago (1 path installed)

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Experts

when y trace a BGP Route form the looking glass what the below mean?

Last Update1d0h2m39s ago (1 path installed)

thanks

jamil

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ibrahim,

it just means that the route has been stable in the last 24 hours = 1d and that there is only one BGP path for the destination meaning that from the point of view of this looking glass the destination network is not multihomed ( a single AS path and not multiple AS paths leads to the same final AS to which the destination network is associated).

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe Larosa
1)what is happened if the route isn't stable in the 24 Hours ,i mean Appear and disappear!how to investigate?

2)how to verify whether this route is multihoming or not?

thanks

jamil

Hello Ibrahim,

48 h stable  = 2d I'm sorry I had misread your post.

In other terms is the age of the route from the point of view of the looking glass.

most looking glass allows to perform the equivalent of show ip bgp A.B.C.D where the last is the IP prefix of interest.

This command allows you to see if there are multiple AS paths leading to the destination AS/ IP prefix. If there are multihoming is effective

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe
thanks for ur reply

My prefix isn't stable on Internet ,  form looking glass sh ip route Z.Z.Z..0 i have seen  "last update 5 hour ago"

my bgp seesion is up with my providor since 7 days, also  i noted on the MRTG the link utilizatin isnt stable , it goes to 40M then to 2k within 1 second

thanks

jamil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card