cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Link on switches down in packet tracer

TheFox
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing an exercise in packet tracer where I configure Inter-VLAN routing for a router and stick topology. Everything seems to be configured. However, the link between two of my switches is consistently down, and I have no idea why.  Why is this happening?  I have attached the packet tracer file I am working on. The commands I entered are listed, as well as VLAN information. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you need to use a cross cable for the switch to switch connection. I have attached the revised lab file. The link between both switches can either be a trunk, or an access port (I used an access port in Vlan 4)...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin L
VIP
VIP

no file attached. you can find some examples of ROAS, aka inter-vlan routing in CLN. there are a lot of samples of PT, configs nad explanations.

I think my examples of ROAS are still in my documents (old files i haven't checked recently_

see https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/search.jspa?q=inter-vlan

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/search.jspa?q=router+on+stick&type=document&author=%2Fpeople%2F63302

Sorry about that. The file is attached now.

Hello,

you need to use a cross cable for the switch to switch connection. I have attached the revised lab file. The link between both switches can either be a trunk, or an access port (I used an access port in Vlan 4)...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@TheFox wrote:

I am doing an exercise in packet tracer where I configure Inter-VLAN routing for a router and stick topology. Everything seems to be configured. However, the link between two of my switches is consistently down, and I have no idea why.  Why is this happening?  I have attached the packet tracer file I am working on. The commands I entered are listed, as well as VLAN information. 

Wrong forum. 

Please go to the Cisco Learning Network for assistance in your school work.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card