ip nhrp map 10.255.255.1 172.80.2.2
  ip nhrp network-id 255
  ip nhrp nhs 10.255.255.1
  keepalive 10 3
  tunnel source Ethernet0
  tunnel destination 172.80.2.2
  tunnel key 255

!

When I tru to apply the policy-map on the tunnel interface (service-policy output QOS) i am getting the following error:

"Low Latency Queueing feature is not supported in user defined class of parent level policy"

Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

I could be wrong but i dont think you could apply a service policy on a tunnel interface for LLQ without shaping!

Instead, you need to apply a hierarchical policy. Create a "child" or lower-level policy that configures a queueing mechanism, such as low latency queueing with the priority command and class-based weighted fair queueing (CBWFQ) with the bandwidth command.

Create a "parent" or top-level policy that applies class-based shaping. Apply the child policy as a command under the parent policy because admission control for the child class is done according to the shaping rate for the parent class.

see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/interface/configuration/guide/inb_tun.html#wp1078284

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

I could be wrong but i dont think you could apply a service policy on a tunnel interface for LLQ without shaping!

Instead, you need to apply a hierarchical policy. Create a "child" or lower-level policy that configures a queueing mechanism, such as low latency queueing with the priority command and class-based weighted fair queueing (CBWFQ) with the bandwidth command.

Create a "parent" or top-level policy that applies class-based shaping. Apply the child policy as a command under the parent policy because admission control for the child class is done according to the shaping rate for the parent class.

see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/interface/configuration/guide/inb_tun.html#wp1078284

How i got mine to work without this error "*Mar  1 00:22:29.695: Class Based Weighted Fair Queueing not supported on interface Tunnel0"

class-map match-all VOIP
match protocol rtp
!
!
policy-map QOS1 (child policy)
class VOIP
  priority 64

policy-map QOS   (Parent top level policy)
class class-default
  shape average 2000000
  service-policy QOS1

interface Tunnel0
service-policy output QOS

Thanks, direct hit

Another question, I sourced a tunnel interface from a point-to-point frame relay interface, but the tunnel never came up.

Any idea why!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card