Views
Helpful
Replies

Loabalancing isr 4331

MINHTRAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

i have a pair of router cisco is4331 and i have configured loadbalancing per des 

But when i use loadbalancing feature, connect from other side to 1 of public ip not stable

Can i help me

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MINHTRAN ,

how many routers are in your office ?

Your network diagram shows two routers but then you have provided the configuration of only one router.

>> when i have 2 ip public, i can ping from my home to ip VNPT but i can't from a coffee shop, but i disable ISP FPT i can ping to VNPT's ip public sucessfuly from everywhere.

In the configuration you have provided one WAN interface is shut down

We see there is VRRP configured on port-channel1.301 but we do not see anything else about the use of two routers.

It is sitll difficult to understand what can be the issue. I see you have configured also EEM applets.

Edit:

are you trying to ping the DNS name of your router?

ubthvnpt.ddns.net

the one that should be dynamically updated at PPPoE session setup?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how is your Loadbalance setup, incoming or outgoing,

can you give us more information with a small network diagram to understand the issue and suggest the best we can.

if the other side of the IP not stable, then you need to discard that route, until it becomes stable and initiate again LB.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

This is my diagram in my office, connect to 2 ISP, when i have 2 ip public, i can ping from my home to ip VNPT but i can't from a coffee shop, but i disable ISP FPT i can ping to VNPT's ip public sucessfuly from everywhere.

Hello @MINHTRAN ,

how many routers are in your office ?

Your network diagram shows two routers but then you have provided the configuration of only one router.

>> when i have 2 ip public, i can ping from my home to ip VNPT but i can't from a coffee shop, but i disable ISP FPT i can ping to VNPT's ip public sucessfuly from everywhere.

In the configuration you have provided one WAN interface is shut down

We see there is VRRP configured on port-channel1.301 but we do not see anything else about the use of two routers.

It is sitll difficult to understand what can be the issue. I see you have configured also EEM applets.

Edit:

are you trying to ping the DNS name of your router?

ubthvnpt.ddns.net

the one that should be dynamically updated at PPPoE session setup?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

This is my setup

BVUB-RTR-01#show run
Building configuration...

Hello,

so you have: 

2 ISR 4331 routers 

How are the routers interconnected (e.g. iBGP) ? How did you set up the load balancing ? Post a diagram of your topology, as well as the full running configurations of both ISR 4331 routers.

No iBGP, my config and diagram above, tks u

Hello,

did you post the full running configurations of both routers ?

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @MINHTRAN ,

as noted by other colleagues you should provide more information in order to get help

The two routers configuration and a network diagram would be important to understand what is happening.

>> But when i use loadbalancing feature, connect from other side to 1 of public ip not stable

It's hard to guess what is happening . You may need additional features like Stateful NAT but this is just a guess.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Let's pretermit router2, it just backup router 1, i don't use ddns, ddns configure not enable, VRRP is used for HA gateway downlink(po1.301), i want to know why i enable both the interface to connect to ISPs, The connection to public ip VNPT not stable,

In my home in can connect but in the coffee house i can't :((, How to fix it or can it change to backup between 2 ISPs.

This is full conifg router 1

ROUTER1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: