cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locked out of RV320

John1963
Level 1
Level 1

After changing the certificate on a RV320 Dual Wan I'm no longer able to access the router. I have tried several ways to reset the router to the factory settings, including the 30/30/30 sec method. 

I noticed that there are more users reporting the same issue but I have not seen any solution yet.

Please advise.

24 Replies 24

I returned the router for service to the store where I bought it and they were not able to fix the issue. They offered me a replacement Cisco router but since these have a 3 week lead time they kindly offered me a Linksys LRT224 as an alternative which I have now up and running.

For me this issue is closed, but it left me with a bad impression of Cisco.

I would love to not return this router, as I have a RV325 with the same bad SSL cert problem...

Hello, I'm also having this problem, I've already changed the interface to wan2 and the problem continues. I've updated the firmware and the problem persists. Did you cope with your problem? thank you.

Culture
Level 1
Level 1

My RMA time period and support time periods are over on this router, so I'm completely stuck, hoping that it just holds up with the configuration that I've got set up.  This is NOT a cool situation.

did you ever get satisfaction on this issue? I too have a 320 that's basically a brick since I can't log into it (certificate issues). Even tried backdating firmware as it seems to reset the config but not the certificate store. back to 1.0.1.7 and up to the latest and back again. no joy.

It still works, just can't log into it... a brick!

I was able to exchange my RV320 for a Linksys LRT224 under warranty. The Linksys has the same functionality so I'm satisfied with this solution.

Apparently there are more users with the same issue so it seems about time that Cisco offers a fix for this.  

Hello,

glad you found a 'solution'...

@Georg Pauwen wrote:

Hello,

glad you found a 'solution'...

Thank you Georg. Your support in this was really appreciated.

Your warranty conversation was with Cisco/Linksys?  Where did you start?

My warranty discussion was with the seller (alternate.nl) and they asked me to return the unit. They did some testing and confirmed that they were not able to reset the router either. They offered me a replacement unit but as they did not have the Cisco RV320 in stock, they offered me the Linksys instead.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card