Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loses ip classless & ip subnet-zero

Hi,

during the resolution of an breakdown I have noticed that the commands "ip classless" and "ip subnet-zero" are not more visualize to you in the configuration, not even with show running-config full.

The IOS version is Entbase12.4(5).

Someone knows if there are indications in merit?

Thanks!

Dave

3 Replies 3

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

If you apply a command like ip subnet-zero or some other and it is not shown in the config, it means that in default the command has been applied...

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

Dave

I have some routers running 12.4(3) a different feature set than yours. I checked my routers and both ip classless and ip subnet-zero do still appear in the running config. So I do not think that there is a general change release wide. Perhaps it is something in your specific version and feature set.

FCS makes reference to the fact that most commands do not show up in the running-config if they are set to their default value. Both ip classless and ip subnet-zero have been exceptions to this, because in their history the default has changed (both were originally not enabled by default and now both are enabled by default). It is possible that in your version of code that someone decided to hide them to conform to the usual do not show commands when set to default values.

I doubt that the default behavior has changed.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The behavior has changed in 12.4(5). Since "ip classless" and "ip subnet-zero" are both the default, they are not seen in the config anymore.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México