Views
Helpful
Replies

MARKING A TRAFFIC WITH AF31

dawitassefa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I have a Cisco 3725 router with IOS version "Cisco IOS Software, 3700 Software (C3725-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(12)". And this router is serving as a CE route for our MPLS connection to the service Provider. We do also have multiple VRFs ( around 10) and the WAN interface is DS3. So we created point-to-point subinterfaces and we put them in different vrfs. We have now transitioned to a new ISP and the ISP requested us to mark all of our outgoing traffics with DSCP AF31. So I have created the following policy-map

policy-map TRAFFIC-OUT-WAN-AF31

class TRAFFIC-OUT-WAN

set ip dscp af31

class-map match-any TRAFFIC-OUT-WAN

match any

Now we do have multiple GRE tunnel interfaces sourced from one of the WAN subinterface ( which is a member of VRF A). So the moment I applied the the policy-map  on this WAN sub-interface (using the syntax "service-policy out TRAFFIC-OUT-WAN-AF31"), most of the GRE tunnels went down. And there is eBGP running on top of these GRE tunnels. Any idea please?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

dgroscost
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried applying the service policy to the physical interface?

Hi

try different labeling

policy-map TRAFFIC-OUT-WAN-AF31

class TRAFFIC-OUT-WAN

set ip dscp af31                                                              -------- here try another  labeling

class-map match-any TRAFFIC-OUT-WAN

match any

Ask your provider how they are transmiting/dropping packets of different labeling

Hello,

dgroscost:  Yes I have tried to apply the policy-map on the physical interface. It will just bring down some of the GRE tunnel interfaces.

What do you mean by different labeling? Can you please further elaborate your idea with an example?

I thank you guys for all of your support

cflory
Level 1
Level 1

Did your CPU spike at all when you enabled the service policy statement?  I've seen this in the past before as a bug, but perhaps not in this instance.

I did NOT checked that though! But I belive it might be a bug as the IOS is a bit old . The funny part is that some of the GRE tunnels are up and the BGP established on top of these GRE tunnels. But majority of the tunnels are down. I might have to open a ticket with CIsco...I will advice you my findings.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card