Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing "no shutdown" command from configuration uploaded using SCP

roman.vilu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Have a problem with a Cisco ISR4331 router (image isr4300-universalk9.16.09.05.SPA.bin).

1. Successfully uploaded configuration using SCP

2. Router reboots and loads new configuration

3. Configuration is successfully applied, but there are no shutdown command missing from configuration on physical interfaces

In result, interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 and GigabitEthernet0/0/1 need to by manually enabled. The router gives no errors related to configuration during startup, interfaces settings include only description and no shutdown commands.

Question: what could be a problem causing no shutdown be missed from configuration? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

roman.vilu
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your help! Problem is solved. Probably the thing was that there was not

ip address

command specified. If it is, ports are successfully enabled after startup.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@roman.vilu wrote:

Question: what could be a problem causing no shutdown be missed from configuration? Thank you!

No.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
3. Configuration is successfully applied, but there are no shutdown command missing from configuration on physical interfaces

if you do not see any "no shutdown" under interface means, the port is in active mode. (as per I have seen you see an only shutdown in interface command)

show run all ( see under interface )

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I also see administratively down in

show ip interface brief

and message on startup:

SETUP: new interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 placed in "shutdown" state

- Show  interface configuration from running-config.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ok can you give sample interface config that was uploading to Router.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- But

no shutdown

is a defaulted condition for an interface and it should start by default too , check logs if that does not happen.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It seemed to be so, but I have also tried to upload configuration without

no shutdown

but it is still shut by the router.

@roman.vilu wrote:

It seemed to be so, but I have also tried to upload configuration without "no shutdown", but it is still shut by the router.

What does the log say if the port is manually enabled?

If manually enabled, then it is OK and says that interface put in down state (nothing is connected to that port).

- Consider that as normal, the only important thing is that the port becomes connected when something is attached to it.

M.

@roman.vilu wrote:

If manually enabled, then it is OK and says that interface put in down state (nothing is connected to that port).

Wait, what?  If the port was not manually enabled, was it "administratively down" or just "down"?

roman.vilu
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your help! Problem is solved. Probably the thing was that there was not

ip address

command specified. If it is, ports are successfully enabled after startup.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card