Views
Helpful
Replies

motd-banner

Ing26
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am learning for my ICND1 exam and working in Cisco Packet tracer. I am about to configure the remote management over telnet. I did it few times and once I set the motd banner on the line console vty 0. 

For practice I erased the router startup config and reloaded the router. 

All configuration reverted back. When I configured the router to be ready for telnet again and I went through the cmd over a end device to telnet to the router it showed me still the motd banner on the router even I deleted the startup config. Can anyone help me and tell me why is tat so, please?

91e918876da055053f96c80ba9d5c6b0a1069636195a7b51d750ee28e08a5ecf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Packet Tracer is not a real IOS device and sometimes shows quirky behavior. Go to the config prompt and type:

Router(config)#no banner login

Router(config)#no banner motd

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Packet Tracer is not a real IOS device and sometimes shows quirky behavior. Go to the config prompt and type:

Router(config)#no banner login

Router(config)#no banner motd

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Yes that is how I fixed but I just wanted to be sure that this config is not stored somewhere else and I do not know about it.

Thank you! So on real router that wont happen?

On a real router that should not happen.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card