Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS BGP to p2p static failover

mohsin7666
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

I have 2 ISP connection in my Infra and primary is MPLS who working on BGP protocol and secondry is Point 2 point who is working on Static route. I need to do a fail-over between BGP to static vice versa

Thanks regard 

Mohsin Hiroli

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You could use IP SLA + tracking + EEM Scripting, or you could configure the static route with higher administrative distance than received by the MPLS. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

You could use IP SLA + tracking + EEM Scripting, or you could configure the static route with higher administrative distance than received by the MPLS. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Sir,

when i configure the static route with higher administrative distance it will take 60 sec delay to switch the line is the another way to decrease the down time.

Hi

Try to include this command line under the BGP peering:

neighbor ip-address fall-over

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/cs_bsfda.html

mahditalebi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Mohsin, 

Please consider that the type of connection is not important in this scenario and what you should consider is routing. Since BGP has two administrative distances (20 for eBGP and 200 for iBGP), according to your destination that you have a route for, you can assign an administrative distance to your static route, as bellow:

Static route with ADStatic route with ADHTH,

Mahdi

Thanks for your support sir
when i try this solution fail-over will take 60 sec to switch the line.

any other way to fix 60 sec delay time out..
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card