Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS

BV8991
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 1941 router at the remote site with that , we need to create a MPLS connection to the server using the MPLS switch at the server. So my question is that is the 1941series router is compatible to use or should we use any new router for it any suggestions for other router also will be helpful.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hello
The 1941 will support all igp/egp's (eigrp,ospf,isis) aswell as bgp ( IOS version dependant) so I would say yes this would be applicable to connect as an edge device into an isp mpls cloud.

I would say though this isnt a very large rtr so be mindful as to what routes you are expecting to receive

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Mpls between router and server over what?

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Router 1941 is EOL - so look for the new Router models which can meet the security point of view and latest code, when you exposing to the outside network.

Depends on what code running on the router and what features you have licensed as @paul driver mentioned in his post.

also what routes you looking to learn and throughput you looking to connect on head end.

Later Routers ISR 4K have some support, cisco suggest new platform Cat 8K for Long live.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card