cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-Wan Status = WAN1 offline

RickMo
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured my RV340 for Dual Wan operation. Wan 1 is a cable ISP, Wan 2 is Starlink (from directly from the power brick). However, Wan 2 is always showing as "offline" in the System Summary, yet I can see port traffic on Wan 2. Does this situation need to be corrected? TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Go to MULTIWAN (under the WAN section in GUI...then select the wan2 and edit it...you will see the "Enable Network Service Detection" settings...change from default to the Google servers as very correctly adviced by Alan...

click on Apply and also click on save/permanet-save to startup config...

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi and thanks for the reply and info. I had followed the instructions
and configured my router for multi-WAN. I also noticed port traffic for
both WANs. (BTW, the instructions were very helpful.) I'm just curious
as to why the Multi-Wan Status indicates WAN2 as offline. Shouldn't that
be online? Is this indication of another problem? Thanks again. --Rick

Hey Bud

I had the exact same problem, the reason your starlink connection is down is due to the default setting in the multiwan config.

by default trys to ping the starlink (ISP) gateway and this is not allowed by starlink, if you set it to say Google dns 8.8.4.4 it will show as up and can then participate in fail over load balance etc.

Alan

RickMo
Level 1
Level 1

Alan. Thanks for the reply. Checked my router but I don't see an "Advance Dual Wan Setting" page. However, I did notice my WAN2 Starlink DNS config is set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Go to MULTIWAN (under the WAN section in GUI...then select the wan2 and edit it...you will see the "Enable Network Service Detection" settings...change from default to the Google servers as very correctly adviced by Alan...

click on Apply and also click on save/permanet-save to startup config...

RickMo
Level 1
Level 1

Eureka! Thanks so much. I figured I was doing something incorrectly. Between the two responses I finally found the solution. Seems so easy now that I know how to do it. Thanks ever so much. Appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card