cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast flooding between 2 catalyst 6509

childebrecht
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon.   I have 2 catalyst 6509 switches linked together by a 1gig connection.  on switch 1 I am utilizing 1 multicast streaming network(vlan 50) and on switch 2 I am broadcasting a 2nd multicast streaming network(vlan 51).   I have the 2 switches trunked so that way I can pick up multicast traffic from switch 2 on switch 1.  Issue is that all the multicast traffic is being sent across the uplink ports causing them to max out and the data transmissions across the ports.  This is causing my video stream I am picking up on switch 1 that originates from switch 2 to pixelate/tile.   Can I get some assistance on the proper config of this so that way I am not sending all the mulicast traffic at the same time.   Only when it is requested.
Attached are stripped down configs of switch 1 and switch 2

For additional reference:  switch 1,   port 1/47 is my uplink to 2nd switch 2.   port 3/38 is where the device requesting the vlan 51 multicast resides.

switch 2, port 4/25 is my uplink to switch 1. 

Thanks. 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this document : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/10559-22.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card