Helpful
Replies

Nat Issues Cisco 3825

juanhassun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having an issue when i do:

ip nat inside source static 1.1.1.1 XX.XX.XX.54 (The xx's represent a secondary static public ip)

To my understanding this should allow anything that comes in from the internet with the public ip ending on .54 on any port udp or tcp to nat to the private ip of 1.1.1.1 . Unfortunately this is not happening in my case. I have tried it with extendable at the end as well with the same result. I am pointing to an internet bind DNS server and when i do an nslookup from the outside the connection times out. When i do it from inside the network to the private ip the nslookup resolves my query correctly. Also in the above i'm using a sub interface

Another issue i am having is that i cannot figure out how to do a nat with a secondary ip  to an internal ip of a voip server with a range of udp 10000 to 20000. I have tried several things from the forums, but i can't get them to work.

1 Reply 1

ashirkar
Level 7
Level 7

Please share your configuration ,Are you using normal NAT or NVI method because then the command syntax will be different

Regards,

Ashish

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card