cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for routing, PC can't communicate between different networks (LAN)

Jun Yu
Level 1
Level 1

The network has 4 LANs, given each of them represents their own office. The devices can communicate to each other within the same network, however, the communication could not cross to other networks. Static routings are configured on each routers and they seem to respond to each other (and to the devices within the same network).

-Devices in office 1 cannot ping router 1

-Devices in office 2, 3 and 4 otherwise, can ping their respective routers

-Routers can ping each other

-However, cross network communication fails, e.g. PC1 in office 2 could not ping PC1 in office 4

Attached compressed (.zip) pkt file. Any help is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

there are several issues with your configuration:

1. Office 1 has no DHCP server. I added a scope for Office 1 to the DHCP server in Office 2, and configured an IP helper-address on the FastEthernet0/0 interface of the Office 1 router

2. Your existing DHCP scopres were misconfigured, they dished out the wrong default gateways. Also, the host range started at address .1. I change the starting address to .11

Find attached the working file with end to end connectivity.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

there are several issues with your configuration:

1. Office 1 has no DHCP server. I added a scope for Office 1 to the DHCP server in Office 2, and configured an IP helper-address on the FastEthernet0/0 interface of the Office 1 router

2. Your existing DHCP scopres were misconfigured, they dished out the wrong default gateways. Also, the host range started at address .1. I change the starting address to .11

Find attached the working file with end to end connectivity.

May I ask what version your CPT is? Mine is version 7.2.0.0226 and it says your file is incompatible with my CPT version. I could not open the file.

Hello,

you need the latest version, 7.3.1. Below the download link.

https://www.netacad.com/portal/resources/packet-tracer

Looks like it is working fine, many thanks!

Thanks again for pointing out the errors.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card