Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help in Route Map

arjunsawant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All..

I have two Lease line Rel and tata between DC and DR with configuring eigrp load balancing.But due to some issue my management ask me that keep separete link for Storage Database and other traffic.

So I have configured Route Map for NAS traffic and Other(mail,other) traffic.

But problem is that when I trace my branch IP  10.2.15.1....It goes like

Tracert ,

It sohuld be go directly...

Pls find the attached file for Net diag and config...

Thanx a lo....

21 Replies 21

HI Arjun,

Is is possible to paste in your eigrp config. also sh ip route for the branch ip address.and also sh ip eigrp topolgy. Also what protocl are you running between the DC and Branch office.

Regards,

Kishore

Hi.....

Thanx for your reply..

Pls find the attached file for your query..

Regards,

Arjun Sawant.

I'm having a hard time getting my ahead around this without seeing all the IPs involved in your diagram...could you complete the picture? I mean you have an access-list NAS1 permit access froma host to a NAS server but not sure where they are located.

Maybe I'm just a bit slow

Regards,

Ian

Hi..

Take your own time......

In brief,

We have a DC and DR (Diff Location) with 45+45 MB Rel and Tata link also which having storage (NAS) both end continuously synchronize data.

DC (JOG)                                                     DR (HO)
HDFCJOGNAS1  10.0.0.175                          HDFCRAMNAS1  10.1.2.74
hdfcjognas2        10.0.0.176                           hdfcramnas2        10.1.2.76

So we decide to use seperate link for each pupose.Tata 45 Mb for NAS and Rel 45 MB for Other traffic.

10.5.0.162(DC)--------------------Tata-------------------(DR)10.5.0.161....NAS

10.5.0.150(DC)--------------------Rel --------------------(DR)10.5.0.149...Other

Feel free to ask any kind of query...

Thanx..

OK. You threw me off with you traces at the start. It will never go direct like that because according to your diagram from DR to DC there are 2 leased lines but from DC to branch there is another. The trace will always go from DR to DC to branch. Now you can choose which traffic goes over the DC to DR line which is what I think you want to achieve, right?

Traffic coming from the branch isn't going to be policy routed because the traffic does not pass through interface g0/0 which is where the policy map is applied. That maybe or maybe not what you want. I don't know.

Between DC and DR it should policy route the traffic as you intend from I can see from your config, providing the access-lists are well definde for the traffic.

So back to your trace:

It sohuld be go directly...

The only way it can go directly is if there is a line between DR and branch, which there isn't.

HTH,

Ian

Hi Ian.....

Thanx for keep posting...

My concern is DC------->Branch and vice versa.I dont want to use Policy Routing for DC to branch traffic.

From DC it should go directly to branch instead of going to DR and return and then to branch.

Is it require to modify ACL..

Thanx..

Can you paste the config of your route map. I think you are missing something like:

router-amp NAS1 permit 20

Regards,

Ian

Hi IAN..

Pls find the latest config....

Arjun........

Try this. Then try the trace again and let me know what happens:

route-map PBR permit 10

match ip address NAS

set ip next-hop 10.5.0.161

route-map PBR permit 20

match ip address OTHER

set ip next-hop 10.5.0.149

route-map PBR permit 30     --> yes, put this line on its own like this.

Regards,

Ian

Hi IAN..

Good Morning..

config is same which you given except "route-map PBR permit 30"

Now I added this but the result is same..

Tracert ,

Can You tell me why this command is require because I don't have depth knowledge in Route-map.

"route-map PBR permit 30"

Well when you add a route map to an interface you are telling it which routes to permit (or deny) and where to route them right? But route-maps like access-lists have a default "deny" at the end. So if you don't add this line to the end of the route map all other routes will be denied by default which usually is not what you want. You want to route a couple of route one way but allow all other routes to be routed normally.

I thought this might help in your situation because you were denying all other routes. But it appears that you still have the same problem.

Can you send me the config (PM them to me) of your routers (all 3 of them) and IP addresses of end users/servers. I'm gonna lab this up in GNS3.

Regards,

Ian

Hi Ian,

For PBR you don't need to add a permit all route-map entry because when ther is no match in the first entry then traffic is routed according to routing

table.It's not the same as route-maps for redistribution or filtering.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Thanks Alain for setting me straight on that.

Regards,

Ian

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card