Views
Helpful
Replies

Need ISDN help

fargier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have few questions about ISDN to clarify my thoughts.

I have a ISDN line with 3 numbers. I live in Switzerland. I would like to use this line to connect two Cisco Routers with a ISDN line in London.

If I want to use 128k for this ISDN line, which numbers or how many numbers I need to use?

I configure Legacy DDR:

dialer map ip X.X.X.X name TOTO broadcast 012345678910

On other problem, on the remote site I only have on phone number. Can I use 128k? Or I need to ask for have other number for this same line?

Thank a lot because I not really understand all with call number. No problem with 2B+D = 2*64k +16.. but with these phone number I am asking myself.

3 Replies 3

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I haven't come across a situation where you might have three numbers for a single ISDN line. Its best to clarify this with the service provider. We usually have multiple numbers in case of PRI, each channel getting a number assigned to it.

On the London side its reall not required to get the other number. If you want to check if both lines are getting up and you are getting 128 kbps use the command dialer load-threshold 1 out which would get both B channels up immediately. Probably you could set up the configuration of only having the swiss router calling up the london router and not viceversa that way you don't have to worry abt numbers on the swiss side.

HTH

Hoogen

Do rate helpful posts :)

I am just intrested to know why would someone say i am not helpful here. I am just trying to help. If you dont find my post helpful don't put '1' which is totally disgusting and shows no respect at all.

-Hoogen

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Can you paste exact diagram of your network...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card