cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need T1 help (basic stuff)

jwhaas052671
Level 1
Level 1

I know the commands, just not always the proper way to put it in. A company I work for is getting off of DSL and moving to a T1. Their IP addresses are going to change as well. I need pointed in the right direction on how to setup their cisco (which has a built in CSU/DSU) to point to their ISP. The company is just one building then out to the ISP. It's going to be a couple weeks out, so I have time to research it. I don't have the range yet. They also have a PIX 5505, but I have the configuration copied of for that. The cisco config will be all new. I know it's a full T1 and frame relay will be setup. Just need a little sample config to jar my mind back into it. I know it's simple, just lost my mind I guess.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is sample config for your T1 interface

This example assumes your interface is 0/0 and the DLCI of 100.

interface Serial0/0:0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

!

interface Serial0/0:0.1 point-to-point

ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.252

frame-relay interface-dlci 100

HTH

Thank you very much. I have a case of the stupids for some reason as this is pretty easy stuff and it's like it all left me. I'll run this in my sim and inquire about the companies new scheme. Maybe it will come back.

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

You said internal CSU so I assume you are referring to a controller interface.

Don't forget you will need to configure that too.

controller T1 0/0

framing  esf

clock source line      (typically you are pulling clocking from the network so make sure you ask the ISP about this to make sure they are providing)

linecode b8zs

channel-group  0 timeslots 1-24

!

interface  Serial0/0:0

no ip address

encapsulation  frame-relay

!

interface  Serial0/0:0.1 point-to-point

ip  address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.252

frame-relay  interface-dlci 100

Rick,

All new WICs come with build in CSU/DSU.  In the old days, there was an external CSU/DSU, but not any more.

Also, the controller config you provided is for T1/PR1 interface not for a regular T1.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card