Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Address Translation

mumomutisya
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I would like to NAT outgoing traffic only from a subnet ID 192.168.88.0/24 to a subnet ID 172.20.30.0/24 BUT only for traffic heading towards two partner subnets (10.20.40.0/24 and 172.20.95.0/24) without affecting outgoing traffic to other partners. How can I configure this? The device is an ISR 3800 series. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

your best option is probably to use policy routing and route maps. Post the full running configuration of your router, so we can fill in the bits and pieces...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello

Are you using single or multiple egress interfaces for nat?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Multiple interfaces. Traffic to each partner network goes out through a
different sub interface

Hello,

your best option is probably to use policy routing and route maps. Post the full running configuration of your router, so we can fill in the bits and pieces...

Greetings Georg,

Thanks went with your proposal it worked. 

Regards 

koushalmru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On the ISR 3800 series Router create:

1. An extended access-list with source (192.168.88.0/24) and destination (10.20.40.0/24 and 172.20.95.0/24)
  2. Create a nat pool for subnet 172.20.30.0/24
  3. Apply command ip nat inside on the interface from where the traffic is originating
  4. Apply command ip nat outside on the exit interface
  5. Apply final command ip nat inside source list <access-list created at Step1> pool <nat pool created at Step2> overload

Thanks to advise if all OK.

Regards,

Hi Koushaldev,

Thanks for the response, I found a way out with Georg's suggestion.

Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card