Views
Helpful
Replies

Network slow in SSL VPN

prince.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

As I am in lockdown at the home. I am using mobile internet to access client requirements. my internet speed is around 4 Mbps.and my office internet speed is 100 Mbps. To access our client requirement I need at least 15 Mbps internet speed. For this, I connected my office network through SSL VPN. after connecting with SSL VPN my wan IP address changed to my office wan IP address but the internet speed is not increased. I need your help is there any possible way to increase internet speed in VPN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I am understanding correctly you use SSL vpn to your office and then use the office WAN IP to connect to clients. So traffic goes from client to your office at 100 Mbps and from your office to you at 4 Mbps. So clearly the Internet speed did not increase. If you were to use SSL vpn to connect to the office and then were to access some device at the office (perhaps RDP to your office computer or to some server at the office) and from that device then access the client then access to client and response would be at 100 Mbps and only the interaction between your home PC and the office would be at 4 Mbps.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I am understanding correctly you use SSL vpn to your office and then use the office WAN IP to connect to clients. So traffic goes from client to your office at 100 Mbps and from your office to you at 4 Mbps. So clearly the Internet speed did not increase. If you were to use SSL vpn to connect to the office and then were to access some device at the office (perhaps RDP to your office computer or to some server at the office) and from that device then access the client then access to client and response would be at 100 Mbps and only the interaction between your home PC and the office would be at 4 Mbps.

HTH

Rick

thanks for the solution. you cleared my doubt.

I am glad that my explanation and suggestion were helpful.  Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick

meagan.burt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I just want to respond because we have had this issue for a very long time and we have done troubleshooting on it forever.  By chance I upgraded my vpn client as I was testing auto update on a new unit.  I installed the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client version 4.10.04071.  After reboot, I happen to run the speed test again and....it I started getting speeds that matched what I get when not connected.  I was excited by the results but still skeptical...then my co-workers upgraded and had the same results.  We have tested many of our end users and this looks like it is a fix.  The problem does not appear to be in the headend but in the client itself.  We are now rolling out version 4.10.04071 to all of our users.

I am making this comment because I have researched this for a long time and have not seen anyone suggest a client update.  I want to share this with as many people as I can.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: