cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco 2901 ISR Router - How to do Zone Firewall config?

ajstadlin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure this is simple to resolve.  I just bought a new Cisco 2901 ISR Router.  How do I configure the Cisco 2901 ISR Router for Zone Firewall?  The "zone" command is not recognized and does not show up in the "?" list in config or user modes - so I'm stuck.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Arnold,

you need to check the license you have. Very likely you have a IPBASE or DATA license and these features are not active on the universal IOS. Your license must contain "SEC" in it. Something like SL-29-SEC-K9

Take a look at this and everything will be clearer:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps10598/ordering_guide_c07_557736_ps10537_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Alessio

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you need a universalk9 IOS for ZBF.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

The referenced brand new Cisco 2901 Router that does not recognize ZONE firewall command replies to #show ver as:

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

How do I enable Zone Firewall configuration on this Cisco 2901 Router?

Hi Arnold,

you need to check the license you have. Very likely you have a IPBASE or DATA license and these features are not active on the universal IOS. Your license must contain "SEC" in it. Something like SL-29-SEC-K9

Take a look at this and everything will be clearer:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps10598/ordering_guide_c07_557736_ps10537_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Alessio

I think you may be correct, and that I need to purchase the license:  SL-29-SEC-K9

I hope this is the only thing else I need to do Zone Firewall on the 2901 ISR.

I'll mark your reply as the Answer to my question.  I think and hope you are correct - and I wish Cisco pre-sales tech support would have told me!

----------

Nov 21:  Just following up:  The answer was correct. Purchasing and adding the SL-29-SEC-K9 license enabled zone firewall configuration on our Cisco 2901 ISR.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card