cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New ISR4221 asking for username and password

tbyers0
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a new lab bundle containing Cisco ISR4221 routers. However, when they boot, they are asking for a username and password. The defaults of admin and cisco do not work. No problem I think, boot it into rommon mode and tell it to ignore startup configuration. Now it boots into user exec and I can get into privileged exec however, when I try and enter global configuration mode, it tells me command not supported in this mode. I then tried running setup. This allows me to go in and set the enable and enable secret passwords, but when I reload and boot back into the startup configuration, it again asks me for a username and password. I am at a loss, I have never had a router act like this.

31 Replies 31

brucejohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Username: admin

Password: admin

Hope this helps

milan.davis
Level 1
Level 1

tbyers0,

I had the same problem. the answer is in your show ver. UCMK9 is an SD-WAN image, locked down with limited commands. Change your image to a Universal image and you will be able to enter the full set of commands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card