Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no ping between two remote routers via MPLS VPN

Hello.

I have to CE routers connected via two PEs and MPLS. MP-BGP session is established. Routes are exchanged and CE also has all needed routes. But no ping and traceroute((( I have checked LSP, LIB,LFIB, CEF. Everything is ok. But still no responce from the first PE router:

R9#traceroute 172.16.35.1

Type escape sequence to abort.

Tracing the route to 172.16.35.1

1 192.168.22.2 116 msec 128 msec 24 msec

2  *  *  *

3  *  *  *

Here 22.2 is PE internal interface. Where should I dig further? It seems that data plane does not working.

3 Replies 3

Eehab Suliman
Level 1
Level 1

Try:

traceroute vrf XYZ 172.16.35.1

kind regards, Eheab

I tried this))) The same result. I tried with different sources - the result the same.

I have asked and I found the answer))) It appears to be very interesting situation)

I have created iBGP session between two loopback addresses but they both have mask /24. The problem here is that OSPF by default sees loopbacks as /32 interfaces and advertise them as /32 networks. LDP sees them as they are - /24 and creates LDP sessions between /24 interfaces. Ans this is the problem - LDP may fail to correctly apply label for remote PE. So there are two solutions:

1. Apply /32 mask to ip address of loopback.

2. Command ip ospf metwork-type point-to-point.

And everything is working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card