Views
Helpful
Replies

Null RPL in ASR 9K

jigojar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone can help me that how to avoid configuring the null route-policy in ASR 9001.

Note: i don't want to configure the null policy so is their anyway to force the router to don't accept the null policy?

Null policy RPL:

=============

route-policy  TEST

end-policy

2 Replies 2

Hello,

what do you want to accomplish ? The null policy effectively drops all routes. Do you want to remove it ? If so, de-attach it first from any interface or route statement it is attached to.

Please clarify what you are after...

Hi Georg,

We are running the huge network and day to day we are provisioning the multiple customers in our network. 

Unfortunately we are editing the RPL by entering the RPL name and we forget to provide the condition in RPL instead we are doing some other config with commit. because of this, RPL is refreshed with the null condition. 

So i would like to configure the null RPL so is their anyway to avoid configuring the null policy?

SO we dont want to configure the null policy in our routers? so can you help me to achieve it?
config sample:

====================================

ROUTER(config)#clear
ROUTER(config)#do show rpl route-policy pass
route-policy pass
pass
end-policy
!
ROUTER(config)#router bgp 9583
ROUTER(config-bgp)# neighbor 5.5.5.5
ROUTER(config-bgp-nbr)#address-family ipv4 unicas
ROUTER(config-bgp-nbr-af)#route-policy pass in
ROUTER(config-bgp-nbr-af)#route-policy pass <<< IF WE FORGET TO ADD THE in or out >>>>
% WARNING: Policy object route-policy pass' exists! Reconfiguring it via CLI will replace current definition. Use 'abort to cancel.
ROUTER(config-rpl)#exit
% WARNING: Policy object route-policy pass' exists! Reconfiguring it via CLI will replace current definition. Use 'abort to cancel.
ROUTER(config)#show
Building configuration...
!! IOS XR Configuration 5.3.3
!
route-policy pass <<<<<<<<RPL condition refreshed to default >>>>>>>>>
end-policy
!
router bgp 9583
neighbor 5.5.5.5
address-family ipv4 unicast
route-policy pass in
!