Views
Helpful
Replies

oer maximum supported interface

Muhammed AKYUZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We want to impelement OER in our network. there are 200 branhes connected one router with Atm sub interfaces.

Is that possible to use sub interfaces as external interface for oer?

config guide says:

A maximum of 20 external interfaces can be controlled by single master controller.

We have to implement 10 master routers for that?

3 Replies 3

Steve Lyons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The minimum requirement for PfR is 1 Master Controller(MC), 1 Border Router(BR), 1 internal interface, and 2 external interfaces.

The MC and BR are part of IOS and can be located on the same IOS router or you can have a separate MC and BR(s).

PfR can support up to a total of 10 Border Routers and 20 exits per Border Router are supported on any one Master Controller for a combined total of up to 200 Interfaces or Exits.

Sub interfaces are also supported and can be defined as internal or external interfaces.

We have a PfR FAQ which provides answers to many common questions and it is located here: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Performance_Routing_FAQs

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Steve Lyons - Cisco

I do no have answers for these:

1. If i want to apply oer to 200 subinterfaces which are on the same router, what kind of topology should i have?

2.subinterfaces are supported bu OER?

Thank you.

Hi,

1. If i want to apply oer to 200 subinterfaces which are on the same router, what kind of topology should i have? Can you clarify what you are asking in this question?

Please see this reference:

Q. How many Border Routers are supported, and how many exits in total?
A. A total of 10 Border Routers and 20 exits per Border Router are supported on any one Master Controller for a combined total of up to 200 Interfaces or Exits.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Performance_Routing_FAQs

2.subinterfaces are supported by OER? Yes

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card