Helpful
Replies

Overlapping Subnets

wjj13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Requesting assistance regarding issue with overlapping subnets

I have two existing sites (Site A & B) and acquired an additional site (Site C)

The issue is that Site C is overlapping with my existing Site B, both have the same subnet 192.168.2.0/24

Renumbering the subnet of Site B and C is not option for some reasons

Using BGP as the routing protocol for all the sites and one router for each site. I have attached a sample diagram for reference

Any idea will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

At either Site B or Site C you should configure SNAT for the 192.168.2.0/24 subnet. Dynamic SNAT should be configured for the subnet which has devices which do not provide resources that other devices need to reach. If both subnets have resources which need to be reachable, then select one subnet and configured static 1:1 SNAT to an 'outside translated' pool of IP addresses. Advertise this outside pool of IPs via BGP to the other sites.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think you are missing some information on site to site connectivity types. Are you using any type of VPN/MPLS?

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Thank you for your reply

Using MPLS for WAN Connectivity

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

At either Site B or Site C you should configure SNAT for the 192.168.2.0/24 subnet. Dynamic SNAT should be configured for the subnet which has devices which do not provide resources that other devices need to reach. If both subnets have resources which need to be reachable, then select one subnet and configured static 1:1 SNAT to an 'outside translated' pool of IP addresses. Advertise this outside pool of IPs via BGP to the other sites.

cheers,

Seb.

Thank you for your reply

Yes, Both Site B & C have resources that needs to be reachable.

Do you mean to use 1:1 Static NAT to translate Site C subnet 192.168.2.0/24 to another subnet (ex: 192.168.3.0/24). Then advertise the 192.168.3.0/24 to BGP

Therefore the other sites will use 192.168.3.0/24 in order to reach Site C?

Yep, your summary captures the solution :)

cheers,

Seb.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card