cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR and IPSLA Tracking on Cisco 1941

buzzhani1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure IPSLA on my network such that if my primary network fails, the backup network network picks up. I have one router and two modems. The primary modem is connected to the GE0/1 port of the 1941 router. The router also has 4 Gigabit EHWIC ports which i've learnt may be on layer 2 (not sure). The secondary modem is connected to one of these EHWIC ports (GE0/0/0). Below are the commands i'm using to configure IPSLA

ip sla 10
   icmp-echo 41.73.20.59 [the ip here is the WAN gateway for the primary modem]
   threshold 2
   timeout 1000
   frequency 3

ip sla monitor schedule 1 life forever start-time now

track 10 ip sla 10 reachability

ip access-list 101 permit icmp any host 40.73.20.59 echo 
 route-map DEFAULT-ROUTE-POLICY permit 10
 match ip address 101
 set ip next-hop 41.73.20.59
 set interface null 0 

ip local policy route-map DEFAULT-ROUTE-POLICY

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 41.73.20.59 track 10
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 197.242.249.20 100 [this is the WAN gateway address for the backup modem]

All commands execute just fine. However, when i try to test by turning off the primary modem and running show ip route. I get: Gateway of last resort is not set. I don't understand why. Please what is my error? Also when i check the GE0/0/0/0 interface(where the backup modem is connected) with sh ip int brief. I see it shows the port is unassigned but the link status shows as up. I don't know if that has anything to do with this but i just thought i should mention it.

Thanks.

17 Replies 17

Still doesn't work. Still showing 'Gateway of last resort not set' when primary modem is turned off.

I am not sure why this is in the config and suggest that you remove it

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 41.73.20.57

If that still does not resolve the issue then I suggest in normal operating mode (with the primary modem operational0 that you use debug ip routing, and then turn off the primary modem. (be sure that logging is enabled and that you are seeing log messages at the debug level, either through terminal monitor or through show log). Hopefully the debug output will shed some light on what is causing this.

HTH

Rick 

HTH

Rick

mk7
Level 1
Level 1

Hey hi...

Are you really able to use command "ip sla 10" on 1941.

coz..

my router shows below option and i need to configure it using "ip sla 10 command"

CITY(config)#ip sla ?

key-chain      Use MD5 Authentication for IP SLAs Control Messages
responder     Enable IP SLAs Responder
server           IPPM server configuration

can u help plz

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card