Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR and OSPF

hs08
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello.. 

i have simple topology as attached picture. My existing configuration is all default route to the internet 0.0.0.0/0 will be forward to R1 10.0.0.2 and R2 10.20.0.2 by OSPF, so OSPF will decide to which interface the traffic will be forward. Also we have some VLAN with PRB to re-route the traffic to the internet via R3 by set ip next-hop to 10.30.0.2 

Now i want to change the configuration to make default route to the internet via R3 10.30.0.2 and re-route the traffic to the internet via R1 or R2. If i set ip next-hop to 10.10.0.2 on the PBR i believe when the internet goes down the traffic will be dropped, and same thing wiull be happened if i set ip next-hop to 10.20.0.2.

So i just want to know how to make set ip next-hop to make redundant if internet on R1 goes down the traffic will be forward to R2, and if internet on R2 goes down the traffic will be forward to R1 automatically?

4 Replies 4

Paw_Paw
Level 1
Level 1

Did you try working with IP SLA and Track Objects? I think that is what you are looking for

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Now i want to change the configuration to make default route to the internet via R3 10.30.0.2 and re-route the traffic to the internet via R1 or R2. If i set ip next-hop to 10.10.0.2 on the PBR i believe when the internet goes down the traffic will be dropped, and same thing wiull be happened if i set ip next-hop to 10.20.0.2.

This not clear for us

Right now you have default route point to R1 and R2 (not sure you have any metric added to that routes) - we would like to see what current config.

Now you looking to remove default route and point to R3 (does this mean you looking to remove R1 and R2 default route ?)

All Router have Internet ISP connection ?

how is your OSPF config right now, post the config wil be helpfull ?

what is C1 in the network ? - what Role it play ?

where is the NAT take Place in your network - i do not beleive this is complete topology of your network.

Once we know this information we can suggest best we can do to achieve your goals :

1. You can also play with OSPF TE (based on the information and confi you have)

2. you can also do IP SLA / PBR / EEM script to clear any NAT other stuff

3. what is the Lan IP address Range you have and looking to do Traffic Engineering and failover ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes it not clear for me also 

Hello,

-->  My existing configuration is all default route to the internet 0.0.0.0/0 will be forward to R1 10.0.0.2 and R2 10.20.0.2 by OSPF, so OSPF will decide to which interface the traffic will be forward

It is unlikely that you are exchanging OSPF with your provider, so we need to see what your current routing actually looks like. Are R1, R2, and R3 routers that you control ? Post the full running configs (sh run) of all routers that are in the topology drawing...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card