Views
Helpful
Replies

Per-session queuing on LAC

thomas.feichter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to do a per-session queuing on the LAC? In addition, the service-policy should be provided by the Radius server.

On the Virtual-template it is possible...However I have to manage some different traffic profiles and I canĀ“t use more then 1 Virtual-Template, since i had only 1 Vlan (1 subinterface).

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Thomas

3 Replies 3

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Usually, LAC just forwards PPP packets in the L2TP tunnel, and the sessions are actually terminated on LNS.

So if you want to apply QoS service policy, that should be done on the LNS, where virtual-access interfaces are created.

This can be done by sending an AV-Pair via Radius server:

Cisco-AVPair += "ip:sub-policy-Out=your-qos-policy-map"    <<< outgoing

Cisco-AVPair += "ip:sub-policy-In=your-qos-policy-map"    <<< incoming

the policy-map must be already configured on the router.

Depending on the release you are using, you can do different type of QoS. See the following features (you can find in the docs the releases that support each feature):

QoS: Per-Session Shaping and Queuing on LNS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/12_2sb/feature/guide/sbsbpssq.html

Per-User QoS via AAA Policy Name

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/sec_user_services/configuration/guide/sec_qos_aaa_policy.html

Let me know if this answers your question
Marco
** Remember to rate useful posts **

Hi Marco!

I think that some years ago you handled a SR by TAC for me..

Thank you for answer.But I need the policing on the LAC, because the LNS is from another ISP and we give a Wholesale service.

So I need to can police the subscriber on the LAC (my device). I found a documet that describes policing on the LAC. In fact, the service-policies are applied on the Virtual-Template, so all sessions on that template have applied the same service-policy.

However, I canĀ“t use more than 1 VT, because I have only 1 subinterface for terminating the sessions. And there could be more than 1 traffic-profile (2M, 4M, 8M)..

Is there any possibility (using 1 VT) to assign via Radius a service-policy per session?

Thanks for any suggestions, comments...

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yes, indeed, I remember you!

If the session is terminated on the LAC (since the VT is there), then the same logic applies.

Depending on the IOS used, you should be able to send via Radius the QoS policy-name, using Cisco-AVPair += "ip:sub-policy-Out=your-qos-policy-map"

So you will have the basic configuration in the VT, and you will apply specific commands, including a specific QoS to each user, based on the attributes sent by Radius.

This is example from my lab:

test1@cisco.com   Password := "test"

Service-Type += Framed-User,

Framed-Protocol += PPP,

Cisco-AVPair += "ip:vrf-id=internet",

Cisco-AVPair += "ip:ip-unnumbered=loopback1",

Cisco-AVPair += "ip:addr-pool=MyPool",

Cisco-AVPair += "ip:sub-policy-Out=TestPolicy"                                                                 

Hope this helps

Marco

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card