Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Perf and Boost Licence for 4000 series End of Sale

Hi,

We have a customer with a 4331 looking to increase bandwidth on their circuit we supply, and their router requires a boost licence to support the upgrade. When licence order was placed it was rejected because apparently the licencing is now End of Sale since last month. Even though the 4000 series router is also end of sale, it supportable up to 2028. I've been trying to find an alternative way to sort this but there's no information about these type of situations where a customer wants to avail of the "pay-as-you-grow" feature of the 4000 series. The EOS notification just states "There is currently no replacement product available for this product". 

Is there a work around to this, apart from getting customer to pay for new kit? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@steven.duncan1971 unfortunately there is no way to buy license officially because its EOS. i am not sure whether you can find any license with partner who may have stocks. but ultimate option is to move to 8000 router series.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@steven.duncan1971 unfortunately there is no way to buy license officially because its EOS. i am not sure whether you can find any license with partner who may have stocks. but ultimate option is to move to 8000 router series.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you can not buy throuput license that means you can not install it.

May be try for refurbished routers that have already throughput license to replace the Router. (in this situation)

There is currently no replacement product available for this product".

Cisco has new models Cat 8K for these to replace.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card