cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Based Rouing problem over dual frame-relay circuits

cerp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site that has two frame-relay DS1's built as point-point circuits. Both provide Internet access. I want to use PBR to send some user traffic over one T1 and some traffic over the other. I believe I've built the PBR correctly but it doesn't appear to be working. When I query the route-map I see policy routing matches. Both the packets and bytes counters are incrementing. However I am unable to resolve DNS or surf. When I put a default static route pointing out one of the interfaces I am able to surf. I have included a config. Any help would be appreciated.

17 Replies 17

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

with PBR, Routing lookup is not perform, because u are forcing the router to match specific criteria.

The router would consult its arp table for the next hop configured in a route-map.

HTH

Mohamed

Edison,

We were taking about (set ip next-hop), if you refer to my previous post, you will see that I have explained what you typed already.

HTH

Mohamed

Edison, MO:

Here is what I was thinking about this:

His PBR seems to be failing, which is why he can only route traffic if he has a static default configured.

I say this because we are dealing with 2 NAT interfaces, inside and outside. For both interfaces, the order of operations is such that policy routing comes first, then normal routing.

So, his PBR must be failing, otherwise it would not have to resort to a route table lookup. Thats what I couldnt figure out: what is wrong with his route map config? he says he is using the set ip next hop address command but it didnt work...

Tennis anyone? :-)

Victor

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card