Views
Helpful
Replies

policy route to redirect traffic

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Trying to redirect one subnet (10.1.96.0/24) to go different route, could any one advice me if it is possible? if so, please advice how to do it?

My router has two pathes for default (0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0) one go 10.1.2.20, this one is active one, (current route); one goes 10.1.6.20, this one is backup one, (not on routing table current, basic it is last resourse).

I want to let traffic from 10.1.96.0/24 go to 10.1.6.20 for external site. I did:

ip access-list extended fw-test-ip

permit ip host 10.1.96.3 any

route-map fw-test permit 10

match ip address fw-test-ip

set ip next-hop 10.1.6.20

It is not working.

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

julxu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I believe you only configured 1 host address in the ACL for testing purposes.

But where did you apply the route-map? It should be configured on the interface that traffic from 10.1.96.0/24 is coming IN on with "ip policy route-map fw-test-ip" since PBR decisions are made when a packet enters the router, not leaving.

Regards,

Kristian

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

I believe you only configured 1 host address in the ACL for testing purposes.

But where did you apply the route-map? It should be configured on the interface that traffic from 10.1.96.0/24 is coming IN on with "ip policy route-map fw-test-ip" since PBR decisions are made when a packet enters the router, not leaving.

Regards,

Kristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card